admin - Posted on Aug. 1, 2019, 12:10 p.m.
How to view your Android Screen on TV
We will be releasing the casting functionality for our new app soon inshaAllah. Thank you for your patience. In the meanwhile you can follow these instructions to cast your device's screen (Android 4.4.2 or higher) to your TV using Chromecast:
- Turn off "Power Saving Mode" on your Android device.
- Important: The "Microphone" permission in the Google Play Services app needs to be turned on to successfully use the 'Cast Screen/Audio' feature with Chromecast.
To turn on microphone permissions:
• On your Android device, tap Settings.
• Scroll down and tap Apps and then Google Play Services and then Permissions.
• Look for "Microphone" and slide the slider On.
- Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
- Open the Google Home app.
- In the top left corner of the app's Home screen, tap Menu and then Cast Screen / audio.
If you can't find the "Menu" (hamburger) button (top left corner), you are probably using a newer version of Google Home.
In the Google Home app, you need to do this:
• In the lower right corner, there should be an account icon (little person), tap that
• Then scroll down to Mirror device.
- Select your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.